1. Gorgonia Ventalina, 2019, Oil on Canvas, 36 x 48”, $1500
2. Oculina Diffusa, 2019, Oil on Canvas, 30 x 30”, $1000
3. Tectumque, 2019, Oil on Canvas, 36 x 48”, $1500
4. Acropora Palmata, 2019, Oil on Canvas, 30 x 30”, $1000
5. Corona Aurea, 2019, Oil on Canvas, 30 x 30”, $1000
6. Perifora, 2019, Oil on Canvas, 18 x 24”, $700
7. Petra Formation, 2019, Oil on Canvas, 30 x 40”, $1200
Fionnuala Reynolds is driven by her passion to examine the natural world, describing striking and curious elements in her surroundings with paint. She transfers her perception of the way natural light reflects in a particular atmosphere, at a particular moment, onto the canvas.
In Reynolds' previous collection, Head Underwater, she recreated experiences and imagery from snorkeling around the inlets in East Chester, Mahone Bay. Her newest body of work, Still Under, submerges the viewer into the Caribbean swells to experience the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef through her biophilic lens.
Reynolds' work has been exhibited in Calgary, Toronto, and Halifax. Her murals are displayed in private and public spaces throughout Nova Scotia, such as EDNA Restaurant and Oceanview Manor. A graduate of the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design, Fionnuala creates at her studio in East Chester, using paint to explore light hitting life.